BMI Oasis Pastors’ Retreats (Group Retreats)
THE BMI OASIS PASTOR’S RETREAT creates a space and time for pastors, and their wives, to draw close to God and to each other. The relaxed schedule is designed to help you enjoy times of fellowship with others and solitude with God.
Being a Christian leader is both inspiring and challenging. The expectations and demands can lead to fatigue, stress, and burnout. Planned personal retreats—including time to reflect, refocus, and learn principles of burnout prevention—can restore vitality and passion for God and ministry.
The Oasis provides in an environment of luxurious accommodations, scrumptious cuisine, and a relaxing back-to-nature setting. Up to 5 couples can attend a Pastors’ Retreat. There is also room for 2 Pastors to attend without a spouse. The setting lends to both confidential sharing and space for private prayer or meditation.
God gave us the vision for the Oasis in 1995—a place for Pastors to come for rest, refocus, and spiritual refreshment. This vision, however, didn’t come to fruition until 2012! It is now our joy to share it with you, our precious leaders of today’s churches.
Please join us for one of these rich yet relaxing getaways this year at The BMI Oasis:
June 13-16, 2018: Overcoming Ministerial Fatigue (re-establishing “margin” in life, marriage, and ministry)
October 17-20, 2018: The Vitality of the Holy Spirit in Ministry (re-envisioning the Spirit as “Lord and Life-giver” in life and ministry; the “fruit of the Spirit” in life and ministry)
Requested Donation for each retreat: $300 for Pastor and wife; $200 for Pastor (assistance is available).
Contact us (below) to reserve your spot!
- Each retreat begins on Wednesday Evening (around 7pm) with a brief time of orientation to the Oasis and a small-group discussion, followed by board games and a light snack.
- Thursday and Friday begin with a full breakfast, followed by a short mid-morning teaching by Dr. Studebaker (on the topic provided) and a small group discussion / practical exercise.
- Afternoons are free to spend at your leisure, either on site or in the surrounding community. Options include reading on the deck, communing with God in our Prayer Hut, walking on a nearby nature trail, touring the Gilmore Car Museum (rated #1 in the USA), etc.
- Dinner is on your own Thursday nights and provided by the Oasis on Friday night. An encouraging (optional) video will be shown each night at 7:30pm.
- Saturday morning begins with a full brunch, followed by a short teaching by Dr. Studebaker (on the topic provided) and small group discussion. The retreat ends with a time of prayer for special needs and a directed time of listening to God’s “still small voice” to each of us.
Facilitators: Dr. John & Julie Studebaker
As Executive Director of the BMI Oasis, Dr. John Studebaker serves as a certified Life Coach to Pastors and Missionaries. John has coached 50+ Pastors over the past 15 years, and is available for coaching during the retreat. He is a co-founder of Bridge Ministries, Inc. and the BMI Oasis. He is also Lecturer in Religion at Hillsdale College, and has a Ph.D. in Systematic Theology from Trinity International University. He has worked on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ, Probe Ministries Int’l, and as a College Pastor in two churches. He is author of The Lord is the Spirit: The Authority of the Holy Spirit in Contemporary Theology and Church Practice (Pickwick, 2008).
Julie Studebaker is facilities coordinator at the BMI Oasis. She also serves as a radio DJ and as co-host of the popular Hymntime Country Style program on Sunday mornings. She has recently begun The Julie Anne Show as an outreach of faith, joy, and music to thousands of listeners. She has an infectious faith and has worked with women from all walks of life, providing encouragement and feedback for their faith journey.
BMI Oasis (Bridge Ministries, Inc.)
10851 East D Ave., Richland MI 49083
Phone: (269) 277-7020 or (699) 719-9634 Email: email@example.com