BMI Oasis – Retreat options
Your retreat can be tailored to your specific needs or place in your spiritual journey. Please go to the “contact” page and let us know what you envision. However, the following retreats have proven helpful for Pastors, missionaries, and other Christian leaders:
A Revitalization Retreat is a 2 – 5 day getaway, with a focus on resting and revitalizing your spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and creative life. Recover intimacy with God, restore your “margin”, take time to read and study, etc. Enjoy our nature trails, devotional library, prayer walk, Jacuzzi, island/bonfire, Great Room, hammock, chalk drawings, birdwatching, and a variety of nearby activities (Gull Lake, Kellogg Forest, Bird Sanctuary, golf, etc.). If desired, meet with John for general life-coaching and discuss basic strategies for recognizing and recovering from burnout, for making critical decisions, or for knowing and living according to your life-calling.
We have guided curricula for each of the following Revitalization options (contact us for specifics; see also Dallas Willard’s Spirit of the Disciplines for descriptions of each). Specific Revitalization Retreats include:
- Prayer / Prayer and Fasting retreat (can include our Prayer Hut, our structured “Day of Prayer”, use of our Prayer Walk, etc)
- Solitude, silent, or secrecy retreat
- Study or sermon prep retreat
- Meditation retreat
“Refocus Retreat”: LifeBridge Coaching
LifeBridge Coaching assists Pastors, missionaries, and Christian leaders as they deal with the challenges of life within professional ministry. You will be mentored through the LifeBridge process by Dr. John Studebaker, and will develop a plan to focus your life and ministry around your unique “calling” – your purpose, mission and vision. The result will be a renewed boundaries, passion for life and ministry, and a practical blueprint for life. In addition you will:
- discover how God has designed you uniquely and develop a personal, actionable “mission statement” based on your unique design
- discover your “life themes”, “core values”, and potential “roadblocks”, along with how each of these can transform your overall life and ministry
- write “vision statements”, along with goals and faith steps, that will allow you to walk forward in your calling on a daily basis
- develop an intentional, workable plan for retaining margin, joy, and “balance” in ministry
- address the root causes of ministerial fatigue
- walk through a “turning points inventory,” discovering your personal life-themes, core values, and roadblocks.
- for those in times of transition (personally, ministerially, etc.) you will work through tools designed to help you make decisions regarding your future (based on your unique calling and current needs)
Many pastors and Christian leaders have found LifeBridge Coaching to be a major catalyst for their own personal development as well as their ministry development and focus (see “Testimonials” page). The process takes about 9 hours, which includes 4 hours working through our LifeBridge DVDs and about 5 hours with Dr. Studebaker. The process typically takes 2-3 days. There will also be a follow-up session one month later. More information on LifeBridge Coaching can be found on our web site: www.bridge-ministries.org
The requested donation for LifeBridge Coaching is typically $600 (tax-deductible). This support will help expand our ministry in the USA and overseas while assisting with our own ministry expenses as well.
“Renewal Retreat”: Love and Respect Marriage Retreat
The Love and Respect DVD series is the best tool, in our opinion, for recovering marital intimacy, joy, and communication. Our own marriage has benefited tremendously from this series, and we have led dozens of couples through it in our own church. Preview this 6-hour series at www.loveandrespect.com
An in-depth, once-in-a-lifetime journey into your past, present, and future to help you develop motivation and a personal strategy for Living the Life You Were Meant to Live. Includes 12 hour of individual consultation with Dr. Studebaker (a certified LifePlanning Coach). More information here and www.patersonceenter.com.
Day Use of Oasis Facilities
We encourage Pastors and other Ordained ministers to use the Oasis facilities (the Great Room, Cattail Chapel, Island, etc) for all or part of a day, typically for prayer, study, or staff meetings. Breakfast, lunch, or refreshments can be provided, upon request.
Contact us at 269-277-7020 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to set up your retreat.